I had a bit of a spiritual awakening this morning. First thing in my Facebook feed is fasting...on a Christian post. Why do we act like fasting is a dirty word? Yeah, I hate being hungry. I can make all the excuses I like for why I can't keep it up, but the truth is I hate feeling hungry. I like eating. I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with that. Our bodies were designed to run on food. Food is not the enemy I keep telling myself. But my body needs some discipline and a "reset". Fasting is the way to do that.
I'm doing a 16 hour fast today to break my body back in. I'm at 13 1/2 hour here at 8:30am, and I'm feeling hungry. I can feel the hunger pains and the nausea starting. I'm going to fix myself a cup of tea and tell my body to shut up.
630am: 1 c. earl greay
9am: 1 c. green tea
1130am: 1 light multigrain English muffin + 3 fieldroast vegan breakfast "soysages"
1230: 2 c. Pepper Pot soup + 1 tbsp. Tofutti + 1 spicy quorn chickn patty + 1 banana
630pm: 1/4 pkg. Gardein vegan teriyaki chick'n + 2 c. stirfry veggies + 1 c. jasmine rice + 1/2 c. Trop50 OJ (w/elderberry syrup)
_______________
total calories: 1180
morning weigh-in: 371.2
**16 1/2 hr. fast
30 min pedaling
No comments:
Post a Comment