Wednesday, February 5, 2020

God help me. I don't know what to do!

My morning ritual has now become to make a bet how much my weight has gone up since the day before. Today was no different, no surprise. 372, up a lb. from yesterday. That's now 13.4 lbs. in the last 10 days. (16 lbs. in 15 days!)  Honest to God, I don't know what to do.

My legs were so swollen last night, I thought my skin would burst. I should have taken a picture! Needless to say, I was up 4 times to go to the bathroom last night. Gee, I don't know why I feel so crappy today. I don't know much about lymphedema, but it sucks.

I drink about 8 glasses of water (or tea) every day. I don't add salt to my diet. Some days, my feet are not so bad, then days like yesterday, my whole leg up to my knee is swollen and the skin pulled tight. I couldn't even pedal last night because of the swelling. My feet were killing me. I'm tired of living in pain.

I'm going for 17 hours fasting today. That will put me eating at 12noon, I'd really like to hold off to 1pm. I'm discouraged. I guess that's obvious. I know the water weight is up and down, but there is no steady down showing I'm losing any weight. I've tried to be honest with myself I think. I don't feel like I'm eating too much, but when I see the pictures of my food I wonder, in spite of the low calories. Could I not be eating enough? I've been watching Dr. Jason Fung on YouTube and he talks a lot about low calorie restricted diets and how they actually lower our metabolism. Should I be eating more? Sometimes I think I need someone to tell me what to eat and when to eat it.

I get so angry when I try to go through my Facebook support groups when people talk about how much weight they're losing. "All I did was switch over to a plant-based diet, and the weight began dropping off." UGH. I can still hear my grandmother from years ago saying, "I don't know why you're so fat when you don't eat much." Neither do  I.

630am: 1 c. earl grey

9am: 1 c. earl grey

1pm: 1 light multigrain English muffin + 3 fieldroast vegan "soysages" +  6 oz. boiled purple potatoes + 2 c. stir-fry veggies + 1/2 c. purple cabbage + 1/4 onion + 4 cloves garlic + 2 cups baby spinach (all stir-fried in broth, no oil!) + 1 tbsp. sesame seeds + 1/3 c. raspberries  + 2 bananas (my bananas were speckled and going bad, so I ate 2 for lunch)



Note to self: waaaayyyy too much food at one time. I think my stomach is going to burst. I need a nap! LOL

630pm: "beyond burger" on bun w/ 1 tbsp. hellman's vegan mayo and onion + 1/2 c. black grapes

___________________

total calories: 1262
morning weigh-in: 372
**18 hour fasting
**30  min pedaling

No comments:

Post a Comment