Did I mention I'm not feeling well today? I don't know what's wrong. I've been "sick" for almost a week now. I just feel nauseous all the time. As soon as I eat, it gets worse. I wake up in the morning with a terrible sore throat. I guess I have a lot of sinus drainage going on which is probably why I feel sick.
630am: 1 pumpkin English muffin + 2 tbsp. black currant Just Spread + 1/2 c. raspberries + 1 c. earl grey tea
1030am: 1 c. earl grey tea
1230pm: 1 c. stir-fry mixed veggies (broccoli, purple cabbage, snow peas, brussels sprouts, carrots) w/ 1 c. baby spinach (cooked in Braggs liquid aminos) + 3 oz. purple potatoes + 5 grape tomatoes + 1/2 Tofurkey vegan Italian sausage + sesame seeds (Note the cute bento box!) I keep my sesame seeds in the cute little pink-topped container. Everything tastes better with toasted sesame seeds!
I have my eye appt this afternoon in about another hour. I'm trying really hard not to think about it, but well, you know how that goes. I've been doing drops for my glaucoma the past 2 months and today is the day we find out if it's working. If not, surgery. I resisted that 2 months ago--he wanted to do surgery right off! He tried to discourage me that only 20% of people see real results with the drops, but I'm trusting someone bigger and greater to take care of this. I'm doing my part--I haven't missed a night of drops, no not once! And I'm eating a lot of the rainbows. Purples and reds are really good for your eyes. We'll see how it goes.
6pm: 1 black bean crunch wrap fresco style!
_______
total calories: 1247
morning weigh-in: 363.4
* 35 min pedaling
So my appt. wasn't bad, wasn't great either. Good news--the pressure in my left eye has come down 10 pts, but it needs to drop 10 more. (yes, I still show damage in my left eye.) I could tell he was really surprised the drops worked. Bad news-- the right eye is "dangerously high" and I have to start drops in them next. Keep eating the rainbow and doing the drops! Repeat tests in 6 weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment