I've been working from home since March 26. My food the same as ever except for occasional pop-tart treat or 1 serving of pasta for dinner. No point in lying, I have also eaten some bbq chips in the past 3 weeks being at home. I know it's stress eating. But I was surprised my weight was 370 when I weighed on April 7. I fluctuate between 363 and 370 all the time, depending on my swelling. It's really aggravating and honestly pisses me off when I consider how little I eat.
My legs have swelled up (lymphedema) and I have a lot of bloating going on right now. I had terrible stomach pains Sunday night and thought I was to have to go to the ER. Every time I go with these pains (about 3 times over the past 2 years) they tell me it's my vagus nerve and my gastroparesis is causing the issues. I don't really understand that except to say it feels like a knife straight thru from my stomach to my spine.I can't stand up and laying down is the only thing that makes it bearable until it subsides. I'm almost grateful for it this time though because it has caused me to clean up the food issues as I'm afraid to eat much. I have no idea what sets it off.
Easter Sunday, April 12:
1130am: 2 LC tortillas with 1/4 c. EB, 1 Morninstar Farms "soysage" patty, 1/4 c. shredded cheese, taco sauace + 1 c. Earl grey tea
3:30pm: 2 slices Quorn turky "roast" + 2 slices Tofurkey "ham" + 1 c. green beans w/garlic + 2 "non-yolk" deviled eggs.
7pm: 1 strawberry poptart
________________________
Weight: 380!! Holy cow, my weight has gone up 10 lbs.in 3 days. Yeah I know it's water, but DAMN.
Monday April 13:
8am: 1 c. earl grey
1130am: 1 c.elderberry/hibiscus tea
145pm: 1 c. cabbage w/ /1/2 tbsp. butter, 2 slices of Quorn turky roast + 2 "non-yolk" deviled eggs
615pm: 6 spears asparagus +1 small sliced zucchini both cooked in 1 tbsp.olive oil and 1/8 cheddar cheese + 1/4 alfredo sauce + 1 slice diced quorn turkey roast
_________________________
Weight: still 380. Actually 380.4. Yep it went up .4 since yesterday. Is it no wonder why I feel disgusted and hopeless about this?
What are non-yolk deviled eggs? Since I"m allergic to egg yolk, I haven't been able to eat deviled eggs in about 40 years. No love loss though. I never really liked the taste of them. My first Thanksgiving married to Jeff, his parents came down for the holiday and when I got home from work that Wednesday before Thanksgiving, his mom had been cooking all day. She had me try these "deviled eggs" she made just for me. Well I was convinced she really was trying to do me in, but Jeff kept telling me they had no egg yolk. They were quite aware of my allergy. It LOOKED like a deviled egg. I slowly took a bite and was surprised it tasted good (whatever it was.) I can't stand the smell of egg yolks--it smells worse than dog poop to me. She had taken leftover mashed potatoes (which really don't have much of a "taste" when you think about it and added mustard and pickle relish.) Now I can't stand cold potatoes, but it was a great base for the mustard and relish. Needless to say, those are a specialty item that I had her make for me on the holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas). Now that she's gone, I have continued the tradition and Jeff eats them with me. (With his cholesterol, he really doesn't need egg yolks!)
No comments:
Post a Comment