I. GIVE. UP.
I don't know what to do. I keep eating what I think is "healthy" and "low-fat" and "low-calorie" and the scales aren't budging except to tell me how much salt was in my food the previous day. I'm even fasting around 16 hours a day and nothing changes! My God, what is wrong with me????
I have a Dr. appt Friday to re-test my thyroid. My dr. reduced my Synthroid in December since my labs were too high. On an interesting note, she called in the generic which I've been on now. I've been on actual Synthroid for years. I can't remember why now, but there was a problem with the generic and that's why I had to do the actual Synthroid. I'm anxious to have my labs done. On a good note, I finally finished my amoxicillin today.
I miss the weight loss from eating keto. I don't miss the mini-strokes. I just can't believe that a diet of 70% fat (no matter what that fat is) can be healthy. And I do believe it contributed to my TIAs. But God I miss the weight loss. It was so easy and I wasn't hungry all the time. I know there is a vegan keto, but again, how can a diet of 70% fat be healthy? really? I did it as a vegetarian out of desperation and lost a lot of weight. I don't want to go back down that road, but what choice to I have? Surgery or keto again? I don't think my body likes all these carbs. I've been getting great blood sugars and great blood pressure readings, but damn--no weight loss!
630am: 1 c. earl grey
9am: 1 c. earl grey
1130am: 1/4 c almonds + 1/2 c. pineapple [230 cal: 20 g. carb, 16 g. fat, 7 g. protein]
1pm: 3 oz. potatoes + 1/2 c. rainbow carrots + 1/2 c. raspberries + 2 c. stir-fry veggies + 1/2 c. purple cabbage + 1/4 onion + 4 cloves garlic + 2 cups baby kale (all stir-fried in broth, no oil!) + 1 tbsp. sesame seeds + 1 quorn chick'n patty [361 calories: 68 g. carb, 4 g. fat, 17g. protein]
630pm: taco salad (2 cups kale salad + 1/2 c. refried beans + 1/4 c. whole grain brown Spanish rice + 1/2 c. roasted corn + 1/2 c. Boca crumbles + 1 tbsp. diced jalapeƱos + 6 tbsp. salsa + 2 mini white corn tortillas "toasted" for "chips") [419 calories: 83g. carbs, 6 g. fat, 24 g. protein]
total calories: 1010
**17 hours fasting


No comments:
Post a Comment