Thursday, January 23, 2020

Oh how I love peanut butter

I thought I was getting a cold, but I think my asthma is irritated by all the wood smoke around our house. We have several neighbors who burn wood for heat and as soon as I step outside, it chokes me. I'm feeling better today. I took a sick day yesterday to recover and rest. I did some more reading and still can't figure out why I'm not losing weight. I know people look at me like, well, gee, it's so obvious, you're eating too much! OR you're eating unhealthy foods! Uh, no. Do I have the occasional donut? yeah, I might once a month. And I don't feel bad doing it because I remember 20 years ago when I'd polish off an entire dozen in one sitting and still be looking for more snacks. I rarely drink a soda, maybe one every couple of months.

One funny thing is I have started eating peanut butter in the last few years. My mother always made me pack a bologna sandwich (which stinks, literally) or a cheese sandwich for lunch. I was never allowed peanut butter because she thought it was  "unhealthy" and a "junk food". My, my, how times change! I now LOVE eating a peanut butter sandwich.

(note: all items are weighed/measured + tea is always unsweetened/plain)

630am: 1 pumpkin English muffin + 2 tbsp. all fruit spread (black currant) + 2 strips Morningstar Farms (MSF) veggie"bacon" + 1/2 c. raspberries + tea


10:30am: 1 serv. almonds (1/4 c.) [Forgot to take a picture!] + water
1230pm: 1 1/2 c. Pepper Pot soup + 1 serv. (17) black grapes + water

Almost forgot the 1/2 PB sandwich! (1 slice 100% whole wheat sugar-free bread w/ 1 tbsp. PB) + 1/2 c. raspberries (I would usually eat this early afternoon, but I have a meeting, so I'm eating it now.)


 

6:30pm: BK Impossible whopper

__________

total calories: 1573

No comments:

Post a Comment