Friday, April 24, 2020

After the stroke...

8am: 1 c. tea

11am:  1/3 c. egg beater + 1/4 c.  shredded cheese + 1/2 cara orange + 2 coffee + 2 coconutmilk creamer

230: 2 c. salad mix + 1/2 c. cucumber + 1/8 c. shredded cheese + 2 tbsp ranch + 1 quorn chick'n cutlet

630pm: 1 c. cabbage + 5 oz. potato + 1 tbsp. butter + 1 tofurky italian sausage

730pm: 1 oz. cheddar + 1 apple

________________

Back at home. Very tired. I feel like I could sleep for days. I got up to "do work" here at home so i don't need to use alot of sick days. I didn't get much done today. I cry easy and I still struggle to find the right word. I feel like I'm almost afraid to eat. That's a strange feeling.

I went to the ER Tuesday night. I knew it was another TIA. Couldn't talk, right side affected. ER doc remembered me from last year. Sent me to Roanoke because this was my 3rd one in past year. Waste of time. Still waiting to get appt with neurologist and cardiologist. Everything closed with COVID. Being in the hospital was horrible.Alone-Jeff wasn't allowed because of COVID restrictions. We texted a lot. Food was a nightmare:"gluten free, diabetic, vegan" was the label on my tray.

My blood sugars, blood pressure, heart rate were all low and I felt like I was in a fog most the time. So glad to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment